October 10, 2019
- Reminder to all 9th and 10th graders as well as Juniors who registered: the PSAT test is next Wednesday, October 16, during periods 1 through 4. Remember to report directly to your assigned testing location that morning.
- Interested in developing leadership skills, advancing international service and helping out the community…Join Interact Club!!!…Our first meeting will be held on 10/14. Join us every other Monday after school in Mr. Phanthais room, C217, see you there!!
- Interested in attending college after graduation? Need more information? Tonight is JFK’s College Night!!! AT 6:30pm in the AUDITORIUM, representatives from community college, the UC and CSU systems will be presenting and answering questions. Come and be informed. See Mr. Drotts for more information.
- University of Santa Clara and the University of San Diego will be on campus during 2nd lunch next Tuesday. See Mr. Drotts for more information or to get a pass for 2nd lunch.
- Like the beach? Planning on a college education? Maybe you need to consider UC Santa Cruz. A representative of UC Santa Cruz will give a presentation during 2nd lunch on Monday, Oct. 14. Second lunch students are free to attend. First lunch students must get a pass from Mr. Drotts in the counseling office.
- Attention Cougars! Our homecoming rally will be next Friday! Buy your class shirts now in Casey’s Corner to show your spirit and help your class fundraise!
- SENIORS, Class of 2020. Time is Running Out if you still have not taken your senior picture, Schedule a session NOW with Prestige Portraits in Elk Grove. Deadline is Saturday, November 2. There is a $20 sitting fee. No pictures, no memories, no portrait in the yearbook. If you have questions see Mr. Campos in the library
- JFK will be hosting the Special Olympics Soccer Tournament Friday October 25 in the morning. Student volunteers are needed to play soccer, help organize the event, and be announcers for the games. If you would like to volunteer please stop by D1 or D3 to sign up.
- Attention Cougars! Homecoming dance tickets are on sale through October 16th after school! Come get your tickets today and avoid lines! Check flyers around campus for pricing! Guest passes are available in Casey’s Corner or the counseling office!
- Cougar Community Yoga Class is starting Wednesday October 2nd! Join us every Wednesday for yoga in the dance room from 3:45-4:45. Yoga is a challenging workout, helps relieve stress, and is also great conditioning for athletes! Wear exercise clothes and bring a yoga mat or there will be mats available to borrow. You must also bring a signed waiver. For any questions and to pick up a waiver, see Ms. Louvet in B-27.
- Soccer Pick-up game this Saturday, 5pm in the football stadium. Conditioning starts Monday, October 14th at 4pm in the stadium
- Weight Training Club after school every Thursday Around 2:30 At the weight room
- Congrats to the women’s varsity volleyball team for defeating CKM last night 3-1
- The football teams have home games against Monterey Trail tomorrow night JV @ 5:15 Varsity @ 7:30